Friday 23 March 2012

So, this is it then.

Welcome one and all to this most historic occasion: my last blog as a single girl. Yes, I know, I haven't really been at this long enough for it to be that historic, but just go with it for now.

I suppose I should use the occasion to reflect on singleness, and look forward to marriedness, but I think I'm just too excited to put coherent thoughts together like that at the moment. So, despite being too excited to sit still, I'm going to just ramble for a bit :)

It is a weird phenomenon, but this whole wedding thing seems to have taken an absolute age to get here, but at the same time it seems like only yesterday that I first met Animal... The truth is somewhere between the two; it's fifteen months, almost to the day, since I first plucked up the courage to grab him under the mistletoe and plant one on him. (Poor lad didn't know what had hit him... wonder how he'll cope with the wedding night?) And it's been about ten months since he proposed... scarily whirlwind when I put it like that, but when it's right, it's right!

And now, it's all over bar the actual getting married bit. I've done my stint in the beauty salon ;), we had the big both families together meal last night, and the next time I see Animal he'll be waiting nervously at the altar, praying that I'm going to turn up... (I'll be there sweety - I'd have been there ten months ago if I could!)

So tonight I'll be relaxing with my family, spending my last single night at my folks house and then.... the craziness of hairdressers and florists and bridesmaids and Bentley drivers all descending on the place over the course of a few hours, until finally, finally.... I can be Mrs Animal.

And with that, this is Miss Sadie W saying goodbye, forever.... but Mrs Animal will be back on the blog in a couple of weeks. Until then, have fun - I certainly intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment