Wednesday 21 March 2012

On sex and celibacy

Time, I think, for a somewhat personal reflection. There were always going to be these, and that's why I've retained a degree of anonymity here (so don't expect to see wedding photos, sorry!).

Let's not make any secret about this, I am looking forward to the wedding night. I've pulled out all the stops to make sure Animal has a memorable experience too, but.... I don't have any real expectations. Whatever happens on Saturday night, happens. If it doesn't, well so what. There's always Sunday. Why put extra pressure on yourselves? Ok, maybe the pressure would be on Animal more than me, but that's still not what I want. I love sex, and I'm looking forward to having sex with Animal like you wouldn't believe, but if at the end of it all, we just end up crawling into bed and actually sleeping together, well that's ok. Frankly it will be a relief not to have to worry about overstepping the boundaries we made for ourselves. And it will be so good to finally be naked in his arms....

Ahem, anyway.

You know, I am actually going to miss some things about the whole celibate period of my life. It's a fact on internet life that if you chat on line there's always going to be a percentage of guys - and some girls (although more guys pretending to be girls, but that's another blog post) - who just want to know how good he is in bed. Presumably because they are better endowed, or more talented, than he is, but whatever. And in a weird way, even though most of those guys usually end up getting ignored, I'm gonna kind of miss those conversations.

I'm not sure what response people expect to get to the question 'What's he like in bed?', but I can pretty much guarantee 'I have absolutely no idea' is a long way down the list. But - as of today - that is the answer, and on occasions, when the enquiring party has not just wandered off to find someone of looser morals to quiz, some good conversations are to be had. Celibacy is not the only thing that defines my faith - far from it - but in the internet chatting world, it's a place from which to start discussing it. Not only that, but sexuality on the internet is a thing that I believe needs to be discussed (this is sounding like a Filth on Friday post now!) and so it will be a bit of a shame to be losing that unique selling point.

In the meantime, I'll have to find out the answer to the new question: 'What's your husband like in bed?'

No comments:

Post a Comment