Monday 2 January 2012

So that was Christmas...

I hope you had fun.

There is an interesting phenomenon I've noticed the last couple of Christmases, which is that of people asking me really weird questions, based purely on the fact that I'm one of those Christians now. I don't mean sensible questions about why I believe all that baby Jesus stuff, I mean silly ones like these...

Q: You do know Jesus wasn't even born in December, don't you?
A: Well, so what, smart-arse, you don't believe he was born at all but you don't have any problem partying down do you?

Q: Doesn't it bother you that most of the people singing about Jesus aren't Christians?
A: Well, since for 24 years all I knew about Jesus was what I learnt from Christmas Carols, no, not really. Admittedly Christmas songs barely scratch the surface of the tip of the iceberg of what Jesus is about, but it's a start. They showed me He was there, so that when the time came I had some idea where to look for Him.

Q: Did you know Santa is an anagram of Satan?
A: Yes, I did, and I see he brought you a dictionary this year. Not before time either, dead hick.

Seriously though, don't let that stop you all asking me about these things. I do like having sensible conversations about them, either here or in private emails, but some of these questions just come up repeatedly from friends, colleagues and relatives, for whatever reason. Still, why not start the year with a rant, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Those were intended mainly in a fun way, by the way... I'm really quite a nice person...

    ReplyDelete