Monday 30 January 2012

Musical Monday: Maria

This, as far as I can recall, was the moment. Seeing this song performed live on TotP and the like made me realise: Rock Chicks are hot as!

Debbie was 50-something when it came out. I was 12, and I just loved her attitude! I think I was one of the many new fans Blondie made when they came back.

The other thing I remember about Blondie back in '99 is that, while some long established female pop stars continued to try and look half their age, Debbie managed to dress like a woman of 54 should dress, and make it look a hell of a lot sexier than Madonna (ten years Debbie's junior) in her leotards and nonsense. I think at some point she paid a surgeon to mess up her face, which is a shame, because otherwise she had dignified, age-appropriate sexiness down to a tee!

No comments:

Post a Comment