Monday 16 January 2012

Musical Monday: Barlow Girls

OK, so BarlowGirl is a Christian pop-rock girl band, best known (by me, but I'm almost totally ignorant on such matters) for my favourite version of O Holy Night.

But it seems that before they were famous, another Christian pop-rock girl band met these sisters - Barlow's their last name, ordinary girls they don't live in the fast lane, they don't rate with the guys that score 'cause they don't flaunt what the boys want more - and wrote a song in tribute to them and their stand on purity (that 'God has one perfect man already chosen for us; therefore we have no need to worry ourselves in searching for him. When the time is right, we know God will bring us together').

You may want to ignore the slightly icky and ill-advised line about their Moms, but I gotta say I love the sentiment of this song:
No girl should feel she has to trade
Her body for love or be an old maid


And yes, there are guys who are willing to wait - just ask this BarlowGirl on her wedding day ;)

My only question to the world is this:
Why the hell did nobody play me this song in 2001?

No comments:

Post a Comment