Wednesday 11 April 2012

Misplaced Worship

At the risk of being controversial, I saw this, and thought of some of my Muslim friends, whose beliefs I totally respect, but who sometimes seem to have a slightly skewed view of how important the book is, compared to God. I have tremendous difficulty debating faith and religion with such people because to them the book is everything, and because my personal experience of God cannot be demonstrably more than a dream the book always wins.

Obviously this is not just a Muslim attitude; I guess I'm lucky in that the Christians I spend most time with and am learning most from are not that way inclined, and like me see that the Bible is only part of the story.

I think this just nicely illustrates my view of Bible worship as opposed to God worship.
Illustration from http://asbojesus.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment