Wednesday 4 April 2012

I always cry at weddings

I can't even begin to say what an amazing day it was. Spring had sprung and it was just a beautiful day to be doing anything, and so finally marrying my soulmate was just perfect. The service was lovely, and so nice to be surrounded by my lovely family and friends (old and new) for the whole day (although, truth be told, it was nice getting away from being the centre of attention afterwards!). It might not have been the biggest or flashiest wedding ever, but I was treated like a princess for the entire day, and isn't that what every girl wants? (Yes, fellas, it is!)

And yes, obviously I cried.

One thing we didn't quite plan for though, was the wedding night being an hour shorter than it should have been. Really should have seen that coming... Still, I can assure you we made up for the missing hour, even if we do still have a lot of time left to make up!

Somebody managed to pull a string somewhere and got our seats upgraded on the flight out to Italy too, which was a bonus; but maybe I'll go into the honeymoon a bit more some other time.

For now though, as it's Musical Monday, grab yourself a bucket, I want to relive one of those classic wedding party songs...

Yes, we danced to that (although not quite as well as in the video) - so sue me! It seemed a wholly appropriate song for Mr and Mrs Animal to depart on, and never a truer word was sung. I couldn't have hoped for a better wedding day; and I still feel like the luckiest girl alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment