Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Father's Day

Just a quick shout out to any Dad's who might happen by. You guys rock!

I have to admit I didn't always see eye to eye with my dad, but who does? Looking back now, as an adult with my own set of responsibilities (albeit none of them parental), I can see that he was just an ordinary, imperfect guy doing the best job he knew how. When he screwed up at being a dad, I know he didn't intend to, and that he certainly never would have deliberately hurt me, or my sister.

I think it is fair to say, however, that when I screwed things up - and I did that quite a bit as a teenager and later - he was always there, helping me pick up the pieces, and trying to fix them with superglue and sticky tape in that way dads have.

One way or another, I've also learned a lot about the importance of a good father figure, especially in a girl's life. I'm lucky enough to have had one, and to have found someone who I'm sure will be at least as good a father to my kids some day.

And of course, I'm lucky to have met my heavenly Father, who turned my life around and is busy showing me who I am supposed to be.

Happy Father's Day, Dads of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment