Wednesday 21 December 2011

A thank you

If you were paying attention, you may have noticed that when I wrote the story of how I became a Christian, there was something of an unsung hero.

So I think it is time to officially thank the person who, having to pull out of Momentum at the last minute, passed his ticket on to me, a friend of a friend, who he had never even met.

In fact, although I saw him around once I started going to church, it was a good three months before we actually got to talk, at a birthday party for a mutual friend. We clicked straight away. I think it's fair to say that in a past life, I would have woken up with a guy I got on that well with (oh yes, did I mention he was cute too?), but not this time. This time we stayed up till the early hours, and I found myself sharing my deepest secrets with this guy I had only just met.

Needless to say, we became the best of friends. He (briefly) became my drum teacher. I only mention it now because a year ago this week I finally got the courage up to invite him over for dinner....

A home-cooked steak, some strategically located mistletoe, and... well let's just say, he may have been disappointed to miss out on Momentum last year, but he's pretty happy with the way things worked out!

I love you babe, you changed my life in so many ways :)
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God (Romans 8:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment