Wednesday 14 December 2011

Geekery

Ah yes, the other great love of my life: all things geeky - to be specific, sci-fi geeky.

And as I'm busy trying to increase the geek chic of the man in my life, let's have a look at the things that make me geek out (with a little help from this handy guide for anyone planning on dating a geek).

1. Star Wars. I have the original trilogy (theatre release and 'special edition') and the prequels on DVD. I have ensured that the man in question is aware that Han shot first.
2. Star Trek. No DVDs in my collection, but I have seen them all (TV and movies) at least once.
3. Comic books. I have only a passing acquaintance with these, but I have seen a lot of the recent movies like Iron Man and the X Men ones. OK, I'm a little geek-lite on that one.
4. Lord of the Rings. The man has one up on me there! I've always been more of a sci-fi girl, so this kind of passed me by.
5. Firefly. Awesome! On the DVD shelf, along with Serenity.
6. Anime. Yes, I know what it is, although I haven't watched a great deal. Akira, and:
7. Neon Genesis: Evangelion.
8. RPGs. Epic fail for me there.
9. Geek terms. There are two I'm woolly on, which I think go back to my epic fail on RPGs.
10. Trivia. My sf trivia knowledge is much more British in scope than the preceding 9 items. I can quote Red Dwarf and Hitch-hiker's till the Arcturan Mega-Cows come home, and occasionally surprise myself with some random fact remembered from classic Doctor Who.
11. Memorabilia. Yes, I've dressed up as Leia. No, I will not be posting photographs.
12. Books. Geeks read, don't they? Neal Stephenson, Iain M Banks, Stephen Baxter, and of the classics, Philip K Dick ftw!

So who's out there geeking out with me?

1 comment: