Friday 9 December 2011

I Celebrate the Day

I love music. Friday should be music day here, shouldn't it?

I have no musical talent - my singing is not bad enough to get on the X-Factor audition shows, but neither is it good enough to do so. I had a few drums lessons last year, but that was because I fancied the teacher, who just said I had an interesting sense of rhythm.

So I'll leave it to the professionals - starting with some of my favourite Christmas tunes. This one, I Celebrate the Day by Relient K, I totally fell in love with last Christmas, mainly because of the lines:

And so this Christmas I'll compare
The things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here

which pretty much summed up the way I felt, the first year the nativity was something more than a nice story. The rest of the words are similarly beautiful, so please enjoy it...


No comments:

Post a Comment