Friday 27 July 2012

Olympomania!

Yes, it's true, I have come down with a serious case of Olympic fever - or as I'm sure I heard Bozza Jozza refer to it earlier, Olympomania. (Honestly, that man couldn't be a better charicature of a politician if he was literally a muppet.)

I know there are some people out there who think its a big white elephant and a waste of taxpayers money and we should never have even attempted to host the games and blah blah blah.... well take your humbugginess somewhere else, and be sure to keep quiet while the rest of us enjoy the atmosphere.

After all, hasn't it been great being British this year? Apart from the monsoon anyway. And those 100 anti-monarchists that went out to protest against the boat thingy (I think Liz 2 won that one by several thousand). I can't be the only one who thinks so, given that you can buy anything from pork pies to nappies to condoms with Union Flags emblazones on them (or possibly just the packaging, I don't buy any of those things myself, patriotic or otherwise).

Me? I'll be having an opening night party - beer, pizza and non-humbuggy friends, enjoying the ceremony and hoping it doesn't embarrass our nation too much... Not too much beer for me though, cos I'm getting up at stupid o'clock tomorrow and heading for Surrey to catch a glimpse of the road race. Yes, I know, it's a little extreme just to catch a flying glimpse of some guys in lycra of the world's greatest cyclists in one of the world's greatest sporting competitions, (which reminds me, having completely overlooked blogging for the entirety of le Tour: Yay Wiggo! Yay Cav!) but I didn't actually get any tickets :( and I want to enjoy the aforementioned atmosphere.

So hopefully I'll make up for my oversight during le Tour by remembering to at least mention how awesomely we're doing during the Olympics, at least in the cycling.

Now, I have a party to prepare for!

No comments:

Post a Comment