Monday 30 July 2012

Olympomania #2

So, I got to cheer Cav and the team on on Saturday :D

I'm not sure whether Animal has quite forgiven me for getting him up at 5am, driving for 2 and a half hours, camping out at the road side for another two hours, cheering like an ecstatic banshee for 30 seconds and then driving for another 2 and a half hours, but, well, tough. For better for worse and all that malarkey eh? Besides, we're not going to get a better chance to see the Olympics, and it'll be something to tell the little Sadimals about some day won't it?

At the moment the two groups came flying past me - about an hour or so into the race - the gap was worringly big, given that Team GB were in the second group, but they should have had time to pull it back. And indeed they nearly did,but I think there was just too much expectation on Cav, and the other teams just didn't want to make the effort to compete, so our boys ended up wearing themselves out to no avail.

So, gutted for Cav, still no Olympic medal, but Vino was a deserving winner, and of course: Yay Lizzie!

And if I see any empty seats in that velodrome next week, I'ma gonna kick somebody's backside....

No comments:

Post a Comment